"You either know fashion or you don't."
- Anna Wintour.

Thursday 11 November 2010

Fashion Weeklies.

So we all read Vogue and Elle right? Duh, we're fashion students! But what about the less prestigious mags that we all automatically fling into our shopping baskets when we go to fetch some milk or pick up without thinking when we're waiting in the que?

Fashion weeklies such as Look and Grazia are my favourite and Emap (a British media company) have been trying to turn Grazia into the weekly Vogue for some time now. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of having the odd flick through the, so called "trashy" mags, I mean sometimes there's nothing better to do than wasting precious hours flicking through endless pages of gossip and ridicoulsly insane stories instead of doing coursework or any other remotely productive task, but I really think that weekly fashion magazines have got a lot better. Take 'Look' for example, for a bargain of £1.70 you get loads of great ideas on outfits for the weekend or the new styles which have hit the highstreet that particular week, without the ridiculous price tags that come with Vogue's key looks (cause lets be honest, I can sometimes barely afford the socks).

So maybe stay clear of the trashy mags, unless you find your fashion inspiration in stories such as 'My man ran off with my Granny!' and pick up Look or Grazia - trust me - a lot more interesting.

Fashion and gossip, what more could a girl want.



£1.95, weekly.


£1.70, weekly.


No comments:

Post a Comment