"You either know fashion or you don't."
- Anna Wintour.

Sunday 21 November 2010

December Cover.

Ok, so i absolutely love, love, love Elle's December cover. Anne Hathaway looks absolutely amazing and the sequined dress -wow. The sexy, plunging, sequined number was Balmain (there's sequined dresses and there's sequined dresses) and Anne also wears pieces from Stella McCartney, Donna Karan and of course, the good old faithful, Christian Louboutin (I wish) later in the magazine, in her very relatable and real interview.

The regular cover boasts a striking, face-on shot of Anne Hathaway and I think the shape of her body really compliments a cover shot, along with the fabulous shape of the dress she is wearing. I dug out last year's December issue of Elle from the ginormous pile of magazines that occupate my bedroom floor -merely for a matter of interest - and I feel that this year Elle have taken the Christmas party season a lot more seriously. I mean, the gold, sparkly theme against the simple, black background conveys that festive period atmosphere perfectly, compared to last year's strong and angular shot of Kate Hudson. However, the subscriber issue was a more seductive shot (although still supporting the gorgeous Balmain dress), Anne is facing away from the camera and her face conveys a subtle yet slightly provocative sense, her eyes are closed and her hands are placed delicately on her thighs. The cover states "Eyes wide shut. Anne Hathaway" which, taking in account the theme of that particular 1926 based film, adds to the sense of sensualism. Interestingly I did my mini analysis of the cover before I researched the film itself and I was pleased to confirm the story I got from the cover was the one which was intended. Well done Elle - a beautiful cover!

Elle, December 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment