"You either know fashion or you don't."
- Anna Wintour.

Friday 15 October 2010

Is it all just a fantasy?

I am a self-confessed fashion magazine addict. There, I said it. I've confessed. I feel a sense of relief from sharing that with you all. I may be making a joke about my addiction but it is becoming a serious problem. My bedroom floor is slowly disappearing in a sea of various publications, along with my decreasing funds which, unfortunately means my 'cornflake diet' is becoming more and more of a habit. Ok, so I might be exaggerating a little but the world of fashion magazines is huge. Names like Vogue, Elle and Harper's Bazaar grace the tops of coffee tables all over the world. However, my interests lie in the reasoning behind people choosing to read them? Inspiration? Creativity? Fantasy? Or do they simply want a slice of the lifestyle that the particular magazine is trying to convey?

Why do I think people read fashion magazines? Aspiration towards an ideal life. Why else would I want to look at a tall, skinny girl wearing Prada's latest collection? There, I said it. What you all were thinking. Just because you don't live that lifestyle (which the majority of us don't) and the reality is you indulge in way too many pizzas and shop in Topshop, doesn't mean you wouldn't like to hop onto one of those of glossy pages, even if it was just for a day (or two)...



Prada 2010 advertising campaign. 
Now lets face it, who wouldn't want to be one these beautiful human beings?
www.yourstyletrend.com

No comments:

Post a Comment